Saturday, December 15, 2007

Spiced Nuts


My mom and I have been making spiced nuts for a few years now and they are one of my favorite treats around Christmas time. They smell awesome when they are cooking and I love to just snack on them.

Ingredients
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 tbsp. water
1 egg white
4 cups of nuts (I use pecans. You can use pecans, walnuts, etc.)

Directions
Combine first 6 ingredients in small bowl. Beat egg white and water in medium bowl until frothy. Add sugar mixture and stir.
Add nuts and stir.
Spread on greased baking sheet. Bake at 325 for 20 minutes stirring occasionally until golden. Cool thoroughly. Store in airtight container.
Makes 6 cups.

Mrs. Pig Rating: I love these!!! So easy and so good. They smell wonderful baking!

Pig Rating: He really likes these a lot. He loves pecans by themselves so he thought this was a really good additive. : )

Recipe from my mom, picture from my kitchen

No comments: