Sunday, December 16, 2007

Chocolate Truffles


I love the rich taste of a truffle - I can never eat that many at a time, but the chocolate is always so yummy! My friend Clara has been into making truffles this year so I thought I would give it a shot. I found a good, easy recipe that I wanted to try. I love truffles because you can coat them with so many different things according to your tastes - sprinkles, cocoa, coconut, nuts, etc. So fun to make!!!

Ingredients
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Coatings (optional):
Finely chopped toasted nuts, flaked coconut, chocolate sprinkles, colored sprinkles, unsweetened cocoa powder, confectioners' sugar or colored sugars

Directions
In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips with EAGLE BRAND®. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Chill 2-3 hours or until firm.
Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in any of the listed coatings.
Chill 1 hour or until firm. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Tip - Quite a few people that used this recipe felt that the chocolate was too hard after chilling for 2-3 hours and they just left it out at room temperatue. I refrigerated for about 1-2 hours and I didn't have much of a problem.

Mrs. Pig Rating:

Pig Rating:

Recipe from allrecipes.com, picture from my kitchen

1 comment:

CB said...

dang girl! GIMME truffles. The xmas sprinkles one please. TY. haha. and thanks for the shoutout. I <3 shoutouts! :)