Monday, December 10, 2007

Lemon Meltaways


I really like lemon cookies, lemon muffins, etc., so I wanted to try some this year while I was on one of my baking frenzies. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and I was so excited to try it!!

Ingredients

3/4 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch

FROSTING:
1/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
3 drops yellow food coloring (optional)

Directions

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; beat in lemon juice. Combine the flour and cornstarch; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Shape into two 8-in. rolls; wrap each roll in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
Unwrap and cut into 1/4-inch slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-12 minutes or until the cookies are firm to the touch. Remove to wire racks to cool.
For frosting, in a small mixing bowl, combine the butter, confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel and food coloring if desired; beat until smooth. Frost cooled cookies.

Mrs. Pig Rating: I was not impressed with these. They received awesome reviews on allrecipes.com and I just wasn't feeling it. It was weird...they smelled and tasted too buttery for me. Not sure what I did wrong but I wasn't feeling them at all. I was disappointed. :(

Pig Rating: The Pig doesn't do lemon. : )

Recipe from http://www.allrecipes.com/, picture from my kitchen

No comments: