Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Monkey Bread



Isn't the name just great?! I mean, "monkey bread"? Doesn't it make you smile? : ) It does me. And I used to make this with my Granny all of the time so that makes it even better.

Last week at work I was telling everyone to put in their requests for my baking weekend and my boss' only request was monkey bread. I hadn't made it in so long but it sounded great so I made it. I took it into work Monday morning and it was so good! :)

Ingredients
3 (12 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup raisins (I omitted these)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 or 10 inch tube pan.
Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a plastic bag. Cut biscuits into quarters. Shake 6 to 8 biscuit pieces in the sugar cinnamon mix. Arrange pieces in the bottom of the prepared pan. Continue until all biscuits are coated and placed in pan. If using nuts and raisins, arrange them in and among the biscuit pieces as you go along.
In a small saucepan, melt the margarine with the brown sugar over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over the biscuits.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a plate. Do not cut! The bread just pulls apart.

Mrs. Pig Rating: I LOOVE this stuff. It's almost too sweet for me first thing in the morning but I'm not used to super sweet in the morning. Put a piece of it in the microwave though and it's sugary heaven....

Pig Rating: The pig didn't get any since I took the whole thing to work. : ) Although, he did think this picture was a must for this blog udpate....

Mrs. Pig's CW Rating: I think my co workers like this one : ) They keep eating it for breakfast so that is a good sign right?

Recipe from allrecipes.com, pictures from my kitchen

5 comments:

CB said...

BAHAHHAHAHA!! can't.stop.laughing.must.try.to.breathe.between.laughing
Love that T suggested taking the picture. Your hubs is so cute! :)

Nina said...

Love the monkey bread picture with the monkey in the background, too cute! Tell T good job on the idea. :)

Alanna said...

I <3 the monkey. Stop laughing, Clara.

Anonymous said...

That looks SOOOOo good. I've been meaning to make monkey bread and this is quite the inspiration. I LOVE the pick with the little monkey btw! ;)

Michele said...

I made that for Sarah for our NBGEX! :) Love it!!!