Friday, December 7, 2007

Chicken and Potato Pizza


My great friend Clara who is also a foodie (she has 3 food blogs....THREE!!!), had this pizza on her blog and it intrigued me. Her hubby likes this one from CPK and I figured that mine would as well so I thought I would give it a whirl. At first I was a little scared...I mean, potatoes on a pizza?!? But, I like potatoes and I like pizza, so why the heck not?? : )

Thanks for the recipe Clara!! I changed it a bit from her recipe so we'll call this Clara's recipe modified to April's taste.. ; )

Ingredients
1 pizza crust (I cheated and bought Pillsbury refrigerated crust)
1 jar pizza sauce
mozzerella and/or cheddar cheese
1 large potato (fry in oil until potatoes start turning golden brown)
1 chicken breast (I shredded the chicken but you can cut it into chunks if you prefer)
1/4 or 1/2 cup onion (to taste)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Pre-heat oven 400F

Roll out dough on pan (I used a big cookie sheet as my crust was more rectangle than round). At this point, I baked my dough in the oven first for about 8 minutes before putting on toppings. I think it depends on the crust that you use.

Spoon on the pizza sauce & sprinkle with cheese. Add all other toppings. (Clara uses tomato chunks on hers but Tommy isn't a huge tomato fan so I omitted but I bet it is yummy!)

Bake for 15-20 minutes

Pig Rating: He really liked this a lot. He said, "Pig says this one is REAALLLLY good! Put that on your blog!". LOL Definitely a keeper (the recipe and the Pig ; )

Mrs. Pig Rating: I really liked this one a lot. I think I might try it with something other than pizza sauce....maybe a white sauce of some type. This is a really awesome easy recipe though. YUMMMM!!!

Recipe from Clara's blog, picture from my kitchen

1 comment:

CB said...

::bowing::

TY TY. I'll be here all week! LOL.

So glad that "pig" liked it. I think your pig and my pig would get along great. :)