Sunday, December 16, 2007

Gingerbread Men


I love how gingerbread men look - it doesn't get any more "Christmas cookie" than that in my opinion! :) I decided I would try this year to make some of my own. I searched through a lot of recipes and finally settled on the one that my friend Nina used - she got it from a Christmas ornament I believe!

Ingredients
½ cup butter
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup molasses
2 teaspoon ginger
1 egg
2 ½ cup flour
½ teaspoon salt

Directions
Mix all ingredients. Roll out dough and cut out cookies. Bake in 350 degree oven. (I found 8-10 minutes was perfect).

Tip - put the dough in the refrigerator overnight so that your cookies will roll out and cut better.

Mrs. Pig Rating: I thought these would be easier than they are. I guess my patience level wavers sometimes. : ) The dough was kind of sticky which made it hard to roll. I even refrigerated the dough for awhile. Not sure what the problem was. And, I had great plans to really ice these and make them cute but I was too pooped by the time made them. So, Nina's look a lot better than my measly attempt. LOL BUT it is a good gingerbread recipe. Really soft and yummy!

Pig Rating: He doesn't like gingerbread so he hasn't eaten these.

Recipe from Nina's blog, picture from my kitchen

1 comment:

Nina said...

Aw, you used my recipe. You forgot the 1 cup of love though. lol! It helps to put the dough in the fridge for a good 4-6 hours so all the butter will harden back up, that might be why it was so sticky.