Monday, December 10, 2007

Cajun Chicken Pasta


We love Cajun food and we love pasta and chicken so this one seemed like it would be really good for us to try. I usually eat a very similar dish when I am dragged to Red Lobster since I am allergic to seafood. : )

Ingredients'
4 ounces linguine pasta
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
2 tablespoons butter
1 red bell pepper, sliced (I left this out)
1 green bell pepper, sliced (I left this out)
4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 green onion, chopped
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Place the chicken and the Cajun seasoning in a plastic bag. Shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the chicken in butter or margarine until almost tender (5 to 7 minutes).
Add the red bell pepper, green bell pepper, mushrooms and green onion. Saute and stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat.
Add the cream, basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper. Heat through. Add the cooked linguine, toss and heat through. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.

Pig Rating: He thought it was too salty, but he thought if I hadn't added salt, that he really would have liked it.

Mrs. Pig Rating: This smelled so good while it was cooking, but I do agree it tasted too salty. I think that I added Cajun seasoning salt instead of just seasoning. Oops....I am definitely going to make this again with the appropriate seasoning though. I think we will love it!
Recipes from www.allrecipes.com, picture from my kitchen

No comments: