Monday, October 8, 2007

Zesty Red Potatoes


Tonight I was looking for a side to go with our pork chops and I found this awesome red potato recipe. These are super yummy!! We love anything spicy and "zesty" so I knew this would be a winner and I was right! I seriously think I could eat potatoes all of the time.

Ingredients
4 medium red potatoes, halved and thinly sliced
2/3 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
salt to taste

Directions

Arrange potatoes and onion in an ungreased 9-in. square baking dish. Combine butter, pepper flakes and salt; drizzle over potatoes and onion. Cover and bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.

*Note - Next time I will use more red pepper flakes than this recipe called for as we like our food pretty "zesty". It is good as the recipe reads, but if you want a little more "zest" add a little more.

Makes 4 servings.


Recipe from www.allrecipes.com, picture from my kitchen : )

No comments: