Saturday, October 6, 2007

Chicken & Mushrooms in Roasted Garlic Sauce


I LOOVE pasta so I am always willing to try out a new pasta recipe. I am not a mushroom fan but my husband is so I have learned to just pick around them when I add them to recipes. : )

I made this recipe tonight and I can't remember where I found it - on someone else's blog, but not sure which one. This is a pretty good recipe. We both liked it a lot and I will be making it again.

I doubled the sauce in this as we like quite a bit of sauce. Doubling it led to the perfect amount for us.

Ingredients

1 pound of chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
2 tbsp flour
1 tsp dry sage
1 tsp dry parsley flakes
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
1 bulb of garlic roasted (400 degree oven for 1 hour with a drizzle of EVOO)
2 tbsp butter
a drizzle of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1 tbsp flour
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup half and half
1/2 bag of No-Yolk egg noodles

Directions

Start by combining the flour, sage, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. Toss the bite size chunks of chicken in the flour mixture to coat. In a large skillet melt 1 tbsp of butter and a drizzle of evoo. Saute the chicken for a minute then add the mushrooms and some of the roasted garlic (I think I squeezed in 3 cloves for this part). Continue to saute for 5 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and cover in foil. (Now is also a good time to cook your egg noodles)

To the skillet add the remaining tbsp of butter and flour. Then add the chicken broth, white wine and remaining roasted garlic. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Slowly add the half and half and let it reduce. When the sauce has thickened return the chicken and mushrooms to pan and let simmer. Serve with the egg noodles.

No comments: