Sunday, October 21, 2007

Weekend Winery Trip



This weekend we took our annual fall long weekend trip to Lexington, KY. Tommy is a UK grad and we love going back there for a weekend to go to Keeneland, a walk around campus, a UK football game, etc. This year while Tommy was planning the trip he surprised me by suggesting that we go to a winery while we were there. I knew I married him for a reason! HA! : )

I chose Talon Winery. It is out in the country in a very quaint setting. It was a super windy day so we didn't walk around too much but I did get one pretty funny picture in front of the vineyards with my hair blowing as if though I had stuck my finger in a light socket. : )

Moral of the story is that the wine was really good. I love Traminette and they had one and that was all I needed to hear for me to choose them. They also have one called "Sweet Evening Breeze" which is like a Reisling. Both of them were so good! I definitely bought a couple of bottles to bring home. : ) If you haven't tried a Traminette before...do it!
Check out this winery at: http://www.talonwine.com/

No comments: