Sunday, October 21, 2007

Salsa Chicken


We love Mexican food but it always makes us feel so full and well, let's be honest - it isn't really that good for you most of the time. But, I found this awesome recipe on another foodie blog (One Tiny Pink Kitchen) and it is actually a WW recipe. We really liked this one a lot - I really recommend cooking it if you like Mexican food and chicken. It's really good and not too bad for you.

With my new cooking phase, Tommy has kind of been the "guinea pig" for a lot of things. I always shorten this and just call him the "pig" and we think it's pretty funny. When I bring out something new I always say, "Okay, you get to be a pig tonight again" and he knows that he is going to have something new. : ) So, I will now be adding a "pig rating" to all of my new foods that he tries. I mean "pig" in the most lovable way possible : )

Ingredients
2 chicken breasts, skinless
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tbsp cumin
1 green pepper, sliced (I used chopped up jalapeno pepper instead)

Directions
Preheat oven to 375. Brown chicken in skillet (no need to cook through). Toss chicken with seasonings, then add to casserole or baking dish. Add salsa and green pepper. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes. Add cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted.

I served this with Spanish rice (recipe to come).

Pig Rating: Really good but he doesn't like "Tex Mex" food and the chili powder was a little too "Tex Mex" for him so next time I will leave that out. He cleaned his plate though so...he liked it pretty well. : )

Recipe from "One Tiny Pink Kitchen", picture from my kitchen

4 comments:

Michele said...

The recipe for the chicken sounds delicious -- I might be "borrowing" it soon! :)

Nikki57 said...

Ohh see yours was different than the one I made. The one I made is a crock pot version that has a few other things in it, but i forget what they are right now. I'm sick and barely remember my own name let alone ingredients from a recipe I've only made once hehe

Kat Graz said...

This looks perfect for me. YUMMY!!!

Alanna said...

I'm going to try this...I need some easy, tasty recipes!!!