Monday, October 29, 2007

Crockpot Salsa Chicken


Some of my friends have raved about this crockpot salsa chicken recipe that has been floating around. I loved the sound of it because I love to use the crockpot and we really like Mexican food so I thought this would be a winner. And it is beyond easy. It smelled SOOO good when I got home from work today. YUM! : )

This is taken from my friend Nikki's blog...I believe she got it from Sparkpeople.

Ingredients

4 chicken breasts - put in frozen if you’re worried about overcooking
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 packet reduced sodium taco seasoning
1 16 oz jar salsa
1 can corn (I didn't use corn)
1 can rinsed and drained black beans
1 cup reduced fat sour cream

PS - this recipe makes a ton. I will half it next time.

Directions

Mix soup, salsa, and taco seasoning together and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Before serving, shred the chicken, add corn, beans, and sour cream. Cook for a few more minutes until everything is heated through. Serve with tortilla chips or in a tortilla.

Pig Rating: He said it was good but it wasn't something that he will crave. He said it was a little too Tex Mex for him. He says that a lot lately - all that is in this is taco seasoning and he likes regular tacos, so who knows. : ) Anyway, he thought it was okay but he likes my chicken nachos way better.

Mrs. Pig Rating: Super easy recipe which is always good. I liked this one pretty well, but I probably won't make it again for awhile. Not my favorite, but I didn't hate it either. I am still getting used to chicken in Mexican food so maybe that was why I wasn't in love with it.

Recipe from Nikki's blog, picture from my kitchen

No comments: