Sunday, October 21, 2007

Spanish Rice


We can eat rice with pretty much anything. I love the rice that is served at Mexican restaurants so I was interested in finding a recipe that was similar to what they cooked. I found an awesome recipe on allrecipes.com for Spanish rice. If you like this type of rice at all, this is the best, easiest recipe for rice that I have found. I will definitely be making this more often with our Mexican dinners!

Ingredients
2 tablespoons oil (I used olive oil)
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup chunky salsa

Directions
Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
Mix rice into skillet, stirring often. When rice begins to brown, stir in chicken broth and salsa. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 25 minutes, until liquid has been absorbed.

Pig Rating: He loved it! He said it was better than the rice that we get in Mexican restaurants. I will definitely be making this one again for him. : )

Recipe from www.allrecipes.com, picure from my kitchen

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I sooo wish I had seen this before dinner tonight. It would have been perfect with our tacos!

Kat Graz said...

My DH & I loved this!!!! I made it last night with tacos!!!!