Thursday, October 25, 2007

Mushroom Pork Chops


Now that I have decided that I can tolerate pork chops in an effort to switch things up for my husband, I am always looking for new chop recipes that we will both like. Tommy loves mushrooms...me, not so much but I don't mind to make them in recipes that I can pick around them. : )

Ingredients

4 pork chops
salt and pepper to taste
1 pinch garlic salt, or to taste
1 onion, chopped
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup

Directions

Season pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste.
In a large skillet, brown the chops over medium-high heat. Add the onion and mushrooms, and saute for one minute. Pour cream of mushroom soup over chops. Cover skillet, and reduce temperature to medium-low. Simmer 20 to 30 minutes, or until chops are cooked through.
I actually followed the reviews online and changed some things up a bit. Intstead of cooking them in the skillet, I first browned them a bit and finished cooking them in the oven, covered at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Not sure how this changes it as I have only done it this way but everyone seems to like it better that way. : )

Pig Rating: The Pig says that this one is a keeper. He still likes the smothered chops better but says this one is a goodie as well.

Mrs. Pig: I am still getting used to pork chops, but this one is definitely good as far as pork chops go. : )

Recipe from http://www.allrecipes.com/, picture from our kitchen

No comments: