Monday, October 8, 2007

Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops


As I've said a million times, I am not a big meat fan at all. However, I am learning to tolerate pork chops more than I used to as to add some variety to our menu. Last week I made smothered pork chops and my husband thought he had died and gone to heaven. I wanted to try a different pork chop recipe this week - I knew he wouldn't like this one as well, and I was right. He said they were really good, just not as good as the smothered. I actually liked this one a little more though...I like things "crusted" more than he does though. : )

Ingredients

2 large eggs
¾ cup dried Italian-style bread crumbs
¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan
4 pork chops
salt and pepper
3 tbsp. olive oil

Directions

Whisk the eggs in a bowl to blend. Place the bread crumbs in a plate. Place the parmesan cheese in another plate. Sprinkle the pork chops generously with salt and pepper. Coat the chops completely with the cheese, patting to adhere. Dip the chops into the egg, then coat completely with the bread crumbs, patting to adhere. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pork chops, in batches if necessary, and cook until golden brown, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer the chops to a plate and serve with lemon wedges.

Recipe from Giada De Laurentiis, picture from my kitchen

No comments: