Sunday, January 20, 2008

Roasted Red Potatoes


As you have probably figured out, we love potatoes in our house - love them fried, mashed, baked, roasted, etc. While Tommy's favorite is fried, I've been trying to find a recipe that is more health friendly to make with things when we want potatoes. I love red potatoes so I went on the hunt for a good roasted red potato recipe today and stumbled across one on one of my favorite blogs to stalk - Amber's Delectable Delights. I love her blog - great recipes, great instructions and reviews, great pictures, etc. Thanks for another great recipe Amber!

Ingredients
4 red potatoes
2 Tbls bread crumbs
1 Tbls olive oil
1 Tbls Parmesan cheese
Your choice of seasonings (I used garlic power, onion powder, and parsley)

Directions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Slice potatoes into wedges and place into medium bowl.
Season with all the remaining ingredients and place into preheated oven.
Cook for 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are done to your desired crispness.

Pig Rating: The pig really liked these! He said they were a great substitute for fried potatoes and he couldn't believe that they were really TOO bad for him as far as potatoes go.

Mrs. Pig Rating: Like I said, I love potatoes, so these were no exception. I loved the flavor as well as how crispy they were on the outside and soft on the inside. I will most DEF be making these again and adding these as a staple on our menus.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sounds yummy and the instrutions appear BB proof :)
I just may have to try these.