Sunday, January 13, 2008

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Cordon Bleu means “blue ribbon” in French, and in French culinary tradition, the Cordon Bleu is awarded to food or chefs of particularly high quality. Neat huh? : ) I have never really even thought about eating chicken cordon bleu because I am not a huge ham fan. However, I saw this on a blog a week or so ago and thought I would give it a try since I know Tommy likes it. I wasn't so sure about it but I made sure to get really thin shaved ham so it wouldn't freak me out too much... : ) I served this with corn and salad.

Ingredients
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
6 slices Swiss cheese
4 slices cooked ham
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs


Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 7x11 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness.
3. Sprinkle each piece of chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on top of each breast. Roll up each breast, and secure with a toothpick. Place in baking dish, and sprinkle chicken evenly with bread crumbs.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from oven, and place 1/2 cheese slice on top of each breast. Return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove toothpicks, and serve immediately.


Pig Rating: He said, "This is good!". I told him it makes me proud when I make something and he likes it so he said, "Then you should be proud of this!", so he must really like it. : )

Mrs. Pig Rating: Like I said, I was kind of worried about the ham, but it gave it a really good taste. I'm glad I tried this one - a new chicken recipe to add to our collection of "save to make again" : )

Recipe from allrecipes.com

As for the picture...well...for some reason I couldn't hold my hand steady enough tonight to take a good picture, so I just didn't put one on here. Just trust me on this - it is good. You must try it!

4 comments:

CB said...

L-A-M-E! sorry I don't make the recipe if there is no picture! hrrruuummph! ;)

April said...

Hm, well, that's just too bad that you are missing out on something really good then! More for me! :)

Michele said...

Clara -- that is too much.....we have trust April! :)

Anonymous said...

During the summer holidays,wow gold I would voluntarily wow goldin training, so that wow power levelingI have seen lots world of warcraft goldof dogs. Minnie waswow gold by far the funniest-looking buy wow golddog I have ever seen.