Thursday, January 10, 2008

Italian Stuffed Chicken Breasts


There are so many blogs that I just love to look through every day. One of my favorite's is One Tiny Pink Kitchen. She has great healthy recipes and I just love it. There was a recipe for Italian Stuffed Chicken Breasts on there that looked so super yummy that I knew I had to try it. When one of my other fellow foodies Nina tried it recently and I saw it on her blog, I knew it had to be soon! So tonight I decided to try it. It was the first time I have ever made stuffed chicken of any sort but it sounded yummy so....

Ingredients
4 – 4 oz. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/8 tsp. Salt
3/4 tsp. Dried Basil – divided - I used about 2 tsp total
1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
1/4 cup Minced Green Bell Pepper I omitted
4 (3/4 oz) Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
2 Tbsp. Fat-Free Italian Dressing
1/8 tsp. Paprika - I used 1 tsp
1/4 cup Dry Breadcrumbs
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
Cooking Spray

Directions
Pound chicken to 1/4” thickness; sprinkle with salt, 1/4 tsp basil (I didn't really measure), and crushed red pepper, and garlic powder. Sprinkle each breast with 1 Tbsp. minced bell pepper. Place 1 cheese stick lengthwise down the center; roll up jelly roll fashion. Brush rolls evenly with Italian dressing. Combine paprika and breadcrumbs, and a dash of oregano and basil; dredge chicken breasts rolls in mixture, turn to coat. Place on a baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray – seam side down. Lightly coat with non-stick spray; sprinkle with remaining basil. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until done (mine took about 22 minutes). Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Pig Rating: He liked this but he is kind of weird about textures and breading on the outside of meats kind of freaks him out sometimes. He said he did like it but maybe not so much breading next time.

Mrs. Pig Rating: I really liked this one!!! I love chicken and cheese and everything that is in this one! I would eat it every night. : ) Definitely try this one!

3 comments:

brooke said...

Looks delicious! I bought way too much chicken recently and am glad to find a new recipe.

Michele said...

I am going to try this recipe soon! Your pic looks great...

Sarah & Devin said...

we tried this and it was great...super easy!