Thursday, November 29, 2007

Off Topic...Christmas Tree!



Yes, this is a cooking/food/wine blog, but how can I resist putting some pictures of my favorite Christmas ornaments on here?? I don't think that I can. I am such a Christmas freak. I love putting up the tree, the stockings, listening to Christmas music, wrapping gifts, etc. Yes, I am a Christmas cheeseball. : ) I love it even more now because I have an amazing family to share it with. Growing up it was always a big deal in our house to decorate the tree and I am carrying on that tradition with my kids and my husband. He says our tree is "a happy tree" and indeed I think it is. It has random ornaments on it - from our vacations, ones that the kids have made, ones from when I was little, etc. I can't wait until we build a bigger house in a few years - multiple trees will be residing in my home. : )

This is one of my favorite ornaments. My dad painted this when he was a little boy so it means so much to me. My grandmother gave it to me last year - 4 years after his passing. I will cherish this one forever. : )

When I was about 5-6 years old my grandmother started taking me to the Nutcracker ballet which was done by our city's Philharmonic and the dance theatre. I was always so wide eyed and just amazed by the "real ballerinas" and the music. I still go every to this day. She bought me this in for me in 1986. You stick a light in it and the ballerina is under a "spotlight". Love it!


Sheridan made this ornament in school in kindergarten. Everyone needs a painted macaroni wreath that they made in kindergarten. : ) Homemade ornaments are the best ones in my mind!

Okay...so this is a start. I have way too many favorites to post in one posting. Sorry if this bores you but I LOOVE Christmas and I love my Christmas memories that I have. : )

More to come... : )

2 comments:

CB said...

ok seriously sheridan's mac wreath is freaking adorable. can she make me one? ;)

Nina said...

Aww, I love your tree April.