Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Chess Squares!


The one thing my husband has requested for me to take to Thanksgiving dinner are Chess Squares. A lot of my friends had never heard of this wonderful little dessert. I think maybe it's a southern thing?? Anyway, I made them for the first time tonight. Super easy!

I'll post our reviews and more after we eat them...
Are you ready for the recipe? It's a toughie! ;)
Bottom Layer
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick butter softened
1 egg (slightly beaten)

Top Layer
8 oz package cream cheese (softened a bit)
2 eggs (slightly beaten)
1 lb box of powdered sugar

Grease a 13” x 9” pan.
Spread bottom layer evenly and then pour top layer (spread evenly).
Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Pig Rating: All the pig could say was, "Oh yeah...oh yeah" when he ate it so...I guess that is good? : ) He loves them : )

Mrs. Pig Rating: So yummy! So sweet and moist and just GOOD. You HAVE to make these if you like really sweet things!

Recipe from a friend at Tommy's work, picture from my kitchen

No comments: