Thursday, November 8, 2007

Kat's "Fast Fancy Chicken"


My friend Kat always has great recipes on her blog -I have so many on my list that I want to try! She is a nutritionist so the good thing about most of her recipes is that they are healthy. And yummy! Double score! : )

Tonight we tried her "Fast Fancy Chicken". My menu is all out of order this week, but oh well.

Ingredients

6 Boneless Chicken Breasts
6 Slices Swiss Cheese
1/4 lb. Fresh Mushrooms, Sliced
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 Cup White Wine
2 Cups Herbed Stuffing Mix
1 Stick Butter/Margerine

Directions

Pre-heat oven to 350. Place chicken in lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. Top each piece with a slice of swiss cheese. Arrange mushrooms over cheese. Mix soup and wine and pour over chicken. Sprinkle stuffing mix over top and drizzle with butter. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.

Note: I only cooked 2 chicken breasts as it was just DH and I. Therefore I halved the wine, margarine, and soup.

Pig Rating: The first thing he said was, "Wow baby, that looks impressive! Did you take a picture?" LOL : ) He really REALLY liked this a lot. He said it might even be better than smothered pork chops which is his favorite thing I have made so far. Thanks for the recipe Kat! If the Pig is happy, I am happy!

Mrs. Pig Rating: This was REALLY good. I will definitely be making this one again. I served with zesty red potatoes and corn. Such a good meal. The chicken turns out really juicy and full of flavor. If you like chicken, you HAVE to try this one.

Recipe from http://anirishgirlwhocancookanddrink.blogspot.com/; Picture from my kitchen

4 comments:

CB said...

Questions: to drizzle butter you had to melt it? Since you only used 2 chickens did you 1/2 everything or just the wine, margarine and soup like noted?

Michele said...

Looks great -- I might have to try it too!

Kat Graz said...

Glad you liked it! Isn't it REALLY easy!

Jen said...

I'm going to try this tonight! I'm excited for dinner. :)