Monday, November 12, 2007

Fried Potatoes


So, Tommy and I were talking about fried potatoes yesterday so they were on my mind. I know, not the healthiest thing in the world, but oh so good for an every now and again thing. They are super easy to make - I didn't really follow a recipe so I'll just post what I did. You can certainly adjust the seasonings to your taste. : ) (What I post makes 2 servings)

Ingredients

2 large potatoes, peeled
salt, pepper, red pepper, onion powder - to taste
Shortening, butter, olive oil, etc. About 3 tbsp

Directions

Peel potatoes and slice into thin slices. Pour oil/shortening into skillet on medium heat. Salt, pepper, red pepper, and onion powder to taste - I really just shook a little of each on the potatoes. Fry them for about 10-15 minutes until potatoes are soft. I taste tested. : ) I like mine a little crispy on the edges. Pour some ketchup over them and YUM!!! (You can also slice up some onions and add them if you prefer).

Pig Rating: He LOVED these. He wanted more but I told him no. We pigs can only have so much fried food you know. : )

Mrs. Pig Rating: OMG. So good. Just like my dad used to make them. I will definitely make these again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy! I LOVE fried potatoes!

Michele said...

They sound so good!!!