Monday, November 12, 2007

"Best Ever Banana Bread"...supposedly


I had 3 bananas this past weekend that were beyond ripe and I didn't want to waste them. So, I thought I would look for a good banana bread recipe and see what happened. Tommy and I both like bananas, so why not? I looked on my "go to" www.allrecipes.com and found "Best Ever Banana Bread." See ratings for how it turned out...

Ingredients

2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup mashed bananas
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray one 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray coating.
Blend together the eggs, buttermilk, oil and bananas.
Sift together the sugar, flour, baking soda and salt. Add to banana mixture and stir in pecans. Mix well.
Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.

Pig Rating: He said this was not moist enough and that there was something missing that usually gave banana bread a little "kick"

Mrs. Pig Rating: I agree with the Pig. I don't know why this was tagged as "Best" because I didn't think it was moist enough at all and not near flavorful (is that a word?! LOL) enough for me. I won't make this one again. : ( Boo! I had looked so forward to a good banana bread!

Recipe from allrecipes.com, picture from my kitchen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, sorry your banana bread didn't turn out as planned. I know there are a lot of not so good recipes out there. I've probably tried them all. I really love the Joy of Cooking recipe. Maybe you should give that one a shot. I have it in my blog too if you need. :)