Sunday, September 30, 2007

Chicken Parmesan


Tonight I decided to try chicken parmesan. I LOVE eating chicken parmesan in restaurants but I had never tried to make it. Turns out, it is pretty easy and really yummy! I served this with linguine, a salad, and of course white wine. :) Robert Mondavi Sauvignon Blanc-delish!

I will definitely be making this one again. I think my brother would be impressed with it, so maybe I'll make it for him sometime if he makes the time to come visit me ever again (He is 18 and WAAAY too busy for his big sis now...ha!) Maybe this is how I can get him to come...hmm...

(The picture does this no justice - I should have taken a picture of it on our plates, but I took one when it came right out of the oven.)

Ingredients

boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 per person)
italian breadcrumbs (comes in a large canister, with the shake n bake at the store)
powdered parmesan cheese (the kind you sprinkle on spaghetti)
garlic powder
large bowl or plastic storage bag
a glass baking dish
marinara sauce (any kind)
mozzarella cheese

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix crumbs, cheese, and garlic powder together (enough crumbs to cover the chicken) in bowl or plastic bag

Rinse chicken breasts, then coat in crumb mixture. Put in pan and set timer for 45 minutes. After baking for 30 minutes, pull out chicken and cover each breast in sauce. Return to oven for 10 more minutes.

Final touch: in the last 5 minutes, add the cheese so that it will melt. Do not worry about skimping on the cheese.

When finished, serve with pasta in marinara, garlic bread, and a good green salad.

Helpful tip: If you're making the pasta side dish, start your water when there's 10 mins. left on your timer and it should be ready when you are!

Recipe from Jessi, picture from my kitchen!

No comments: