Wednesday, September 26, 2007

5-Minute Southwest Layered Salad

Recipe from www.kraftfoods.com

I like to make my own lunch on most days instead of going out to eat - much cheaper and much healthier. Right now I am craving my favorite salad that I found in Kraft Foods "Food & Family" magazine. This salad is super easy, super yummy, and has a touch of one of my fave things - Mexican food. Mmmm.....

Ingredients

6 cups torn romaine lettuce
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed, drained
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
3/4 cup salsa of your choice
1/2 cup Mexican Style Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
1/4 cup Ranch Dressing (I use light)
1 cup tortilla chips, broken (I use Baked Tostitos)


Directions

ARRANGE lettuce in bottom of glass serving bowl or on serving plate. (I just throw it all in a big bowl when I am at home by myself eating it :)

LAYER beans, corn, salsa and cheese evenly over top.

DRIZZLE with dressing; sprinkle with chips.

Makes 4 servings, 1 1/2 cups each

No comments: