Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff


I am going to try to have a closer relationship with my slow cooker than I currently do. We are in the beginning stages of our relationship with one another and I hope it progresses into something beautiful. For someone as busy as me, a slow cooker is a wonderful thing. I love coming home from work and the house smelling like someone has been cooking all day - only they haven't really been! It's great!

I tried this as my first slow cooker recipe a couple of weeks ago. My husband and I both liked it so I will likely make it again soon.
Recipe and photo from http://www.allrecipes.com/

Ingredients
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
1/8 cup margarine
1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
Pasta/noodles of your choice (I used linguine noodles)

*I added a couple of tablespoons of light sour cream when adding the cream cheese, but that is optional.

Directions

Put chicken, margarine and dressing mix in slow cooker; mix together and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. (I cooked this for about 7 hours on low and it was fine).
Add cream cheese and soup, mix together and cook on high for another 1/2 hour or until heated through and warm.

No comments: