Thursday, September 27, 2007

Cookie Pizza


I love, love cookie pizza. I love cookies, I love pizza - what better than mixing the two?! This is a great recipe to make for work events, family gatherings, etc. I made this last year to take to my in-laws for Christmas and it looked so pretty. : ) I made it, covered it in plastic wrap then tied red and green ribbon all around it. Wish I would have taken a picture now! I will this year. Anyway...on to the good stuff:

Ingredients

Cookie Pizza Crust
½ cup of hard margarine
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 ½ cups of flour

Topping
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
½ finely chopped pecans (optional)
½ cup candy coated chocolate candies (I use M&M’s-it's fun to use holiday ones!)

Directions

For the crust: cream margarine and brown sugar together. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour, stir, turn onto flour surface. Knead and put on a pizza pan as if you were rolling out a pizza crust.
Topping: Sprinkle onto “pizza” crust – chocolate chips, marshmallows, and pecans evenly. Pour condensed milk evenly over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until crust is golden. Immediately place candies on top while hot. Cool completely in pan. Cuts into about 16 “pizza” wedges.

Recipe from an awesome cookbook - Favorite Brand Name- Gifts From the Kitchen

2 comments:

Rachel said...

What is hard margarine? Is that stick margarine?

April said...

That is what I use :)